latest Post

Oscar-winning Fil-Am composer sends his love to PHL

Fil-Am composer, wife win best original song award. Filipino-American Robert Lopez and wife Kristen Anderson-Lopez win the best original song award in the 86th Academy Awards for the song 'Let It Go.' The song was the soundtrack for the film 'Frozen.' Reuters/Lucy Nicholson
LOS ANGELES — “Pinoy Pride!” exclaimed Filipino-American composer Robert Lopez, 39, when we congratulated him backstage after winning the Oscar for his composition “Let It Go” with his wife and co-composer, Kristen Anderson-Lopez.

Robert, whose father was part-Filipino (his grandpa was pure Filipino; his grandma, Filipino and Scottish-American), becomes the first Filipino to win an Oscar.

He has also just joined an elite group of people who have won what is called EGOT—Emmy/Grammy/Oscars/Tony). He is only one of 12 people who have won all the said awards and completed this achievement in 10 years, between 2004 and 2014.

As such, his wife, Kristen, suddenly pulled out a homemade necklace of pasta, which she and her two daughters, Katie and Annie, made “just in case this happened tonight.”

“The girls and I made something for you, Bobby. Just in case this moment happened. We made it last week. It’s made of pasta,” Kristen said.

To which the surprised Robert said, “Oh no. Thank you.” And wore the pasta necklace made by his wife and daughters.

Sending love to PHL

Asked about his being the first Filipino-American to win an Oscar, Robert said, “Pinoy Pride! I am so excited. I’m just sending love to the Philippines. I know they’ve had a tough year and I just send out my feelings to them.”

Kristen added, “We are doing a concert for the Philippines. I believe it is March 12th in New York City. It is a benefit and probably we will be singing something from 'Frozen'.”

On being a member of the elite EGOT group, Robert said, “It feels great. I don’t really consider myself in that group. I mean, I’m a collaborator.”

He explained, “No, I mean what I was going to say is every award that I've ever been fortunate enough to win has been won in conjunction with an amazingly talented collaborator. My thanks go out to all of them, my collaborators, including my wife, who has been in the background of all of my work. Every single show that she's not received credit for, she's been whispering in my ear the whole time. So, I'm glad that she is finally getting credit for being the amazing artist that I've always known that she is.”

Asked how they are planning to celebrate tonight, Kristen revealed, “I think we're going to sleep. We are New Yorkers, so we've been on Eastern time and we rsourceented a house in like the worst place to be when it rains in Los Angeles. We are up in the canyons. So, there were like boulders flying

Source gmanews.com

About Unknown

Unknown
Recommended Posts × +

0 comments:

Post a Comment

} //]]>