Tuesday, 29 July 2014 | 13:57
Actor Aljur Abrenica's petition for the rescission of his contract with the network is an "unfortunate" incident, the company said in a statement issued Tuesday.
The following is the full statement of GMA network on the matter:
"GMA Network received yesterday the complaint filed by Aljur Abrenica for the rescission of his Management Contract and exclusive Network Agreement. Our lawyers will review this and answer accordingly in court.
The Network considers this incident very unfortunate because GMA has greatly invested on Aljur, who is one of its prime artists.
GMA Artist Center has not been remiss in its duties as his manager, practising a consultative style of management with Aljur. With his best interest in mind, this practice has accorded him every opportunity to personally assess all offers to reach a mutual agreement.
GMA Network has equally given him projects, some of which were lead roles in the Network’s primetime programs.
Aljur is a home-grown GMA talent who was discovered through the reality search, Starstruck, in 2007.
Since then, he has been given numerous projects including Dapat Ka Bang Mahalin?, All My Life, The Last Prince, Machete, Coffee Prince, Prinsesa ng Buhay Ko and Kambal Sirena.
Likewise, GMA Network and GMA Artist Center have arranged major endorsements and corporate partnerships for Aljur."
Abrenica, whose contract with the network runs through 2017, filed the petition last July 24.
He said he decided to file the complaint because he believes his career plans are "not aligned" with the company's plans for him. Abrenica added that he does not have any offer from other TV networks.
In an earlier statement, GMA Network said it "does not release its talents from their existing contracts without a valid cause or basis." —GMA News